Electric Kitchen Slicers and Knives
An electric knife is an excellent addition to the kitchen. It eases the slicing of meat and bread in addition to increasing your precision. With these blades, you will be able to make similar-sized carvings all the time.
What is an electric knife used for?
These knives are mainly meant for carving soft meat and bread. You can use it to cut turkey and chicken. With beef or pork, you can easily damage the tools since you are likely to hit the bone with a lot of force.
What are the power options?
An electric knife can be:
- Corded: These electric machines have to be connected to an outlet to function.
- Cordless: Cordless electric machines are powered by batteries and can be used outdoors. Typically, these electric knives offer less power. They have to be recharged before use.
How do you select electric kitchen knives?
To get the right carving knife, you will need to consider these factors:
- Blade length: The length of the blade you choose needs to match the size of the food you intend to slice. For larger foods, you will typically need a knife that is about 10 inches in length.
- The material: Electric knives are made of different materials, and the most common is stainless steel. This particular material is preferred for its durability.
- Power option: If you intend to use them outdoors, you should go for the cordless knives. On the other hand, corded electric knives work best if you need to slice meat in your house. The latter offers more power.
- Safety: Electric knives can be dangerous. To reduce the risk, you should find an electric knife with safety features such as trigger locks.
- The handle design: To increase comfort when using an electric knife, pay attention to how the handle looks and any comfort features it has. You should always go for a knife with an ergonomic handle.
- Ease of cleaning: Some electric slicers have designs that are easy to clean, even by hand. Some can be washed in the dishwasher to ease your work further.
- Ease of use: An easy-to-use electric knife will make preparing for meals something you look forward to.
Why should you buy an electric knife?
Before purchasing an electric knife, you need first to figure out whether you need one. Also, you need to understand what type of machine you will need. These questions should help you make the decision:
- How often will you need to use it? These tools are necessary if you cut meat often
- How difficult is it for you to cut meat? If you're having a difficult time slicing meat with your current knives, an electric knife can ease the process. You should also consider how much power you'll need.