FurReal Friends make fun, lifelike toys for all ages! These soft, plush friends have special components that allow the plush animal to do certain things, such as make certain noises. A FurReal Friend is a great interactive toy for children and there are several different animals available, which makes it easy to find the perfect animal for everyone. This interactive part of the FurReal Friend adds a new level of play and entertainment for anyone who owns one of these amazing friends.
What Do FurReal Friends Do?
The FurReal Friends from Hasbro are stuffed animals that interact with you and respond to touch, giving the experience of a real pet from the domestic to the exotic, but without the expense, responsibility, and mess! The activities that a FurReal companion can do varies by model. You can do anything from translating your FurReal dog’s bark to feeding your parrot a cracker when he asks for one. Each of the animals has its own unique interaction. The animal may be able to:
- Make animal noises
Some FurReal Friends have the ability to recognize that other FurReal Friends are present and can interact with them! Many FurReal Friends have extra features that you and your child can access with the proper mobile app. They are a great addition to help spark imaginative play and even introduce children to caring for an animal. FurReal Friends are also great for nursing home patients with dementia since they are cuddly and interactive.
How Do FurReal Friends Work?
FurReal Friends have electronic systems within them that allow you or your child to get different responses depending on which accessories you use or how you or your child interact with the toy. Playing with a FurReal Friend is easy! Just turn it on and follow the activities list provided when you purchased your new friend. It’s simple, easy, and most of all, it’s fun:
- Power the toy using the on/off switch.
- Bring the accessories near the toy to see how the animal responds.
- Move near the animal or touch it to encourage other actions from the stuffed toy.
- If you do not play with the toy for a few minutes, it may go into sleep mode. Interact with the animal to wake it back up.
- Shutting the pet off with the switch when not in use will help with battery life.
How many FurReal Friends Are There?
Hasbro began making FurReal Friends in 2002. Each year's lineup usually includes around 30 or more animals. The manufacturer created several collectible lines of toys over the years. Each one has its own special abilities and acts in its own special way. Some even come with accessories, such as fashion choices for the FurReal Friends, and interactive accessories. Some of the most popular FurReal Friends include:
- Pets with Style: Fashion-themed animals that feature different accessory items.
- Lil' Big Paws: Friends with squeezable stomachs and interactive accessories.
- Fantasy Collection: Magical creatures such as dragons and unicorns.
- Happy to See Me: Cheerful animals that move and make noise.
- Sweet Singin': Animals that make music and move their heads.
- Fuzz Pets: Soft friends that move their heads and eyes.
- Maker: Customizable dogs that look more like robots than a furry four-legged best friend!
How Do You Clean FurReal Friends?
Just like real pets, whether your FurReal companion is a dog, cat, a parrot, or dragon, they should be gently brushed on occasion. To remove deeper dirt, they should be spot treated. Do not ever fully submerge your FurReal Friend to clean it. This could damage the internal components that are responsible for giving your friend their great personality. To clean your FurReal Friend:
- Lightly rub a brush or dry cloth over the toy to begin removing dirt.
- Moisten a cloth with a small amount of water.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe down dirty spots.
What FurReal Friends Dogs Are There?
Hasbro has manufactured several varieties of FurReal dogs that you can choose from. For example, there is "Pax, My Poopin' Pup," who walks on a leash and stops for bathroom breaks. Another furry friend is "Chatty Charlie, the Barkin' Beagle," who not only barks but also has a collar that translates his messages. You can find pups that jump, bark, sing, blink, sit, play tug with their rope, and do tricks.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by FurReal.