IKEA is an international outlet known for home products, including kitchen and bathroom cabinets. IKEA kitchen cabinets can be combined any way that you want them, and there are even models that are specially crafted to house appliances. Bathroom storage is another option when you are choosing cabinetry for your home.What are the main features of IKEA cabinets?
IKEA cabinets have four elements that make up a full unit:
- Cabinet bases: Constructed from fiberboard and treated for strength and durability, they are available in a range of configurations and sizes. All holes are pre-drilled.
- Cabinet and drawer fronts: Cabinet and drawer faces are usually made of either unfinished or finished hardwood with a selection of colors and veneers. You can find cabinet and drawer faces to fit your existing cabinet bases.
- Door handles and pulls: This is where youll find a wide variety. Pulls and handles are available in metal, wood, or enamel in a range of designs and colors.
- Akurum mounting rails: Available in standard lengths, these are necessary if youre installing new cabinet bases.
Ready to assemble IKEA SEKTION kitchen cabinets include everything you will need to put your new IKEA unit together. Youll find the following items:
- Pre-cut wooden panels
- Hardware and fasteners
- Portable Allen key/screwdriver combo
- Construction and installation instructions
Measure everything. That includes available wall space, appliance dimensions, doors, drawers, countertops, pantry space, and floor-to-ceiling height. The IKEA Akurum mounting rails come in 6 by 6-foot lengths, so figure how many youll need.
Once measuring is finished, you will want to select the finish for your cabinets. Before you decide, ask yourself if you will be repainting the walls. If the answer is no, then all you have to do is choose the finish that complements the walls as they are.How do you care for IKEA kitchen cabinets?
Since kitchens are one spot in the home where splashes, splatters, and spills are a regular occurrence, IKEA cabinetry is made to stand up to heavy use and exposure to steam, grease, and liquids. Any food or fluids should be wiped immediately. Most greasy kitchen surfaces can be kept sparkling with a simple combination of a few drops of dishwashing liquid in a bucket of warm water, a soft cloth, like microfiber, and a little elbow grease.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by IKEA.