Industrial Oil & Gas Drilling Equipment
Industrial oil & gas drilling equipment is designed to drill through soil, rock, and other substrates in order to gain access to the desired material. Some of the drilling equipment is made to be used on an ocean-based rig, while other types of the drilling machines are made for rigs that are land-based. There are many sizes and types of industrial oil and gas drilling equipment, each with different capacities and speeds.What are the types of oil and gas drilling equipment?
- Drill bits: The drill machine bits are used on the end of the rotating rods or pipes and are made to create an opening through a substance so that pipes or other materials can be inserted. There are hollow and solid drilling machine bits and drill machine bits made for use in water, soil, or rock.
- Swivels and rods: These connecting pieces of equipment for drilling on oil rigs allow the equipment to work around tight angles and to operate at angles ranging from 0 to 180 degrees.
- Pump shafts: These pieces of equipment for drilling attach to the oil or gas rig, allowing the material to move through the pipes and be pumped at the desired level of suction and the correct level of speed.
- Threaded: The bits for the gas and oil rig drilling equipment are already threaded.
- Hardened steel or stainless steel construction: The equipment for drilling on oil rigs is made out of hardened steel or stainless steel. Hardened steel drill machine parts offer resistance to extreme temperature and pressures. Stainless steel drill machine parts resist chemical interactions with dissolved substances in water and with other metals and ions.
- Variable speed capacities: The equipment for drilling on oil rigs accepts a range of speed capacities, allowing the drilling equipment to change rates as needed without changing the drill bits on the equipment.
- Select the functionality: Choose drill equipment for machines that are based on land or water. Choose drilling machine parts that are made for hydraulic oil and gas rig pumps or attachment to drills that go through soil or rock.
- Choose the pipe thread size: The metal tube thread size ranges from 1 to 5 inches, in size increments of 1/8 inch.
- Select the location on the drilling machines: There are pieces of equipment for heavy tube inlets and pipe outlets. Top drives attach to the top of the pump, and drill bits attach to the end.
- Choose a manufacturer: There are parts for drilling machines made by Aqua Tech, Baroid, Parker, Bruner & Lay, and other manufacturers.