Frequently Asked Questions About JL Audio 13.5 Car Subwoofers
Many subwoofers are designed to work within the small spaces of your vehicle. They are constructed to add clarity and boost levels in the different audio frequencies of your music that may include bass properties. There are many JL audio subwoofers to choose from, all of which offer different features.Are JL Audio subwoofers built to be used in enclosures?
Many are not free-air subwoofers and are designed to be housed in a small enclosed box or frame. These do not take up much room in your vehicle. Some frames can be found preassembled or you can choose to build a box to hold your subwoofer. The mica-filled polypropylene cone assists with the small airspace necessities. You must find a box that accurately fits the woofer for your desired sound results. The 13TW5v2 woofer needs only 0.8 cubic feet of airspace to give off the proper bass frequency levels, and the mounting depth is 2-5/8 inches.What are some features of JL Audio car audio subwoofers?
Some JL Audio car audio woofer features include the following:
- Redesigned chassis: The cast alloy chassis has been recreated to be equipped with more strength.
- Annular vent: The motor comes stocked with an annular vent that aids in the proper circulation of the air.
- Varying voice coils: JL Audio has given you the option to choose between two voice coil variations. The variations include options of a single two-ohm or a four-ohm voice coil package.
- Compact size: The size of this woofer is kept small to allow for fittings in tight car spaces. The speaker mounts are structured to be a suitable fit to similar 12-inch woofer designs.
- 250W-600W: The 13TW5v2 should be paired with an amplifier that can give off 250W-600W of power.
The JL Audio 13TW5v2-4 does not come equipped with dual-voice coils. Instead of dual, the JL Audio 13TW5v2-4 is designed to have a single four-ohm voice coil. A concentric tube supports the seven-inch diameter of the voice coil. This support allows for stability in the mechanics as well as in added linear excursion capabilities.What are the enclosure measurements for a 13.5-inch subwoofer?
- The front baffle thickness should measure 3/4 inches.
- The wall thickness should measure 3/4 inches.
- The interior volume should have a measurement of 0.80 cu. ft.
- The width of the exterior should be constructed of 19 inches, with the height being 15 inches.
- The measurements of the external depth should be 7 3/4 inches.