Replacing that Big Screen on your G4 Smartphone
The LG G4 is still a great Android phone, but that big 5.5-inch LCD screen can make it somewhat difficult to handle at times. For that reason it is advisable to carry the phone in a protective leather or plastic cover. But in the unfortunate event that you should drop it and the display or camera lens is cracked or broken, it can ruin your day. Fortunately it is possible to replace a broken, cracked or faulty display on this LG device.
What should I look out for when buying a G4 replacement screen?
The following should be considered when buying an LG replacement display for your LG G4 smartphone:
- Phone Type and Model. When it comes to Android smartphones, LG has made a variety of different types and models. Make sure that you buy the correct LG replacement part for you LG G4 model.
- Seller's Information. Read through all the information supplied by the seller carefully to make sure that you know exactly what you are buying. Make sure of the condition and that the screen is correct for your LG G4. Check whether anything else is included with your purchase, such as a battery cover or tools that may be required for replacement.
- Unit replacement. On the LG G4 the LCD display and digitizer are fused to the glass. The glass cannot be replaced separately therefore the assembly must be replaced as a unit on the device.
Can I replace this assembly myself on my LG phone?
Replacement of the digitizer and screen assembly on your LG G4 is a fairly difficult task and it is strongly recommended that it is carried out by a qualified professional. Before starting the replacement procedure yourself, consider the following points carefully:
- If you have any insurance on your LG smartphone, it is unlikely that you will be able to claim for any damage should you carry out the replacement yourself.
- If you decide to go ahead with the replacement, make sure that you have all the tools available that you may require or that they are included with the replacement part. Note that a heat gun is also required for this task.
- Take care not to tear or damage the digitizer ribbon cable during replacement.