What you need to know about LG TracFone smartphones
TracFone Wireless Inc. is a prepaid mobile network available in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Teaming up with LG, a South Korean electronics company, TracFone was able to make affordable phones for consumers pursuing prepaid options. Together they have created multiple models and variations of those models that are now available to the general public.What different models of TracFone smartphones does LG make?
LG TracFone has many different models available that come in two radio system formats: GSM and CDMA. GSM phones have the customer information placed on a removable SIM card, allowing them to be removed and placed into any future GSM phone you may purchase. CDMA phones are limited by the carrier, and service can only be switched to another phone with the carriers permission. Tracfone has the following phones available in either format:
- LG Rebel: Model number 1,2, and 3
- LG Fiesta: Model number 1 and 2
- LG Stylo: Model number 1 and 2
- LG Treasure
- LG Premiere LTE
The hardware available with each phone varies based on the individual device. The later editions of each model normally have more advanced hardware installed, but the following minimum hardware comes in every model of smartphone:
- Rear facing camera: The megapixel range of each camera varies depending on the model.
- Bluetooth: All smartphones come with Bluetooth compatibility, allowing for the wireless transfer of files between Bluetooth compatible devices.
- Touchscreen: Every model comes with an interactive touchscreen, eliminating the need for physical buttons and allowing each user to customize their button layout and settings.
- USB OTG: Each model can be connected to other electronic equipment using a wired USB port. Most standard chargers are able to be detached from the outlet box and used to connect directly to a USB port.
These cell phones run on the Android operating system. This allows you to download and use nearly any software compatible with the Android OS. Some other features included in most models are:
- Video player: Although the exact video software varies with each device, all models include some form of software that allows you to play all videos recorded by your phone and some other digital formats.
- Wi-Fi direct: Connect directly to any Wi-Fi modem with ease.
- Document reader: Most models come with a digital document reader installed, allowing you to open and read word documents, spreadsheets, PDFs, and other forms of digital documents.
- Browser: All phones come with a standard browser, allowing you direct access to the internet from the palm of your hand.