Move Things Where They Need to Be With a Rough Terrain Forklift
If you have to move heavy pallets of equipment when you are outdoors, a rough terrain forklift is a helpful vehicle that can lift and move materials easily. At an outdoor nursery, a rough terrain forklift can quickly move a pallet of plants or a stack of bagged cedar mulch across the yard or at a construction site. You can find the affordable all-terrain forklift you need on eBay.What are the features of a rough terrain forklift?
Although the features of these machines vary by model, there are some features that make these forklifts uniquely suited to outdoor work.
- Heavy-duty tires: A construction forklift needs better gripping tires than one used in a warehouse. The tires on these forklifts are similar to tractor tires.
- Enclosed cab: Because the forklift may be operating in harsh conditions, many models feature a climate-controlled cab.
- Powerful engine: Most models have strong diesel engines for lifting heavy loads across distances.
- Pneumatic lifting power: The pneumatic lifts of a rough terrain forklift are specially designed to work over a broader temperature range.
If you are looking for a new or used rough terrain forklift for sale, you will find several different makes and models on eBay. The forklift that is right for you depends on your work environment and lifting needs. Some factors to consider include:
- Lifting capacity: The forklifts on eBay have lifting capacities that range from 7,000 to 25,000 pounds. In general, you will pay more a forklift that can carry a heavier load.
- Fork length: The forks on these forklifts range from about 4 feet to 8 feet long. That makes a big difference in the size of the loads it can handle as well as ease of maneuverability.
- Fuel type: Most of these forklifts run on diesel fuel. A few of the small rough terrain forklifts run on propane.
- Vertical reach: If you need to stack items up high, a model with a telescoping arm might be what you need. Some of these models have a vertical lift as high as 42 feet.
Several heavy equipment companies produce off-road forklifts. Some of the models currently listed include:
The primary reason to buy a rough terrain forklift is the price savings over a newer model. You may also find unique features on a used forklift such as longer forks, telescoping reach, or sideshift capability.