Silicone Food Storage Containers
It can be difficult to find a system for storing your food that is safe, convenient, and long-lasting. Whether you need to store wet or dry foods, such as lunches, leftovers, snacks, or baby food, silicone food-storage containers, which are made from an abundant, naturally occurring element, might offer the solutions that you are looking for.What are some features of silicone containers and lids?
There are a number of features of containers and lids made from silicone that make them useful as food storage options.
- They are lightweight and may help you save space in your kitchen when you're storing foods.
- These containers won't break when dropped and are resistant to age-related breakdown.
- Silicone containers are non-toxic, odorless, and easy to clean.
- These containers are made to be nonstick and will not absorb odors from the food they are holding.
- They can be recycled at select locations, which makes them an eco-friendly choice.
There are many options available when choosing containers for storing food. The following guide can help you select ones that meet your needs.
- Consider whether you want just a cover or an entire container made of silicone. Silicone lids that stretch and suction to fit over the dishes you already own are available, and so are bags, bins, and other containers made from silicone.
- Consider what kind of food you want to store. Products appropriate for storing liquids and solid foods are available.
- Select a size. There are holders that are small for storing snacks and products large enough to hold a family-sized meal.
- Select a color. There are a variety of shades to choose from.
Food-grade silicone safely withstands heat up to 400 degrees. Whether you are heating your food using a microwave, sous vide machine, pot of boiling water, or standard oven, it is safe to heat your food in silicone as long as you stay within the recommended temperature guidelines. The product can be used to steam and cook foods and also provides a convenient way to reheat leftovers.Can you put items made from silicone in the dishwasher?
It is safe to clean these food storage items, including their lids, in the dishwasher. In general, it is recommended that you put them on the upper rack. Additionally, containers and lids made from silicone can be used to store food in the freezer without damaging the material.