How to Shop for All-In-One Computers
When it comes to buying an all-in-one desktop PCs, it's good to look for a computer that offers a stable operating system. Microsoft is a household name in terms of their Windows operating system, and each new version comes packed full with new features and technology. The Windows 10 operating system comes complete on many new and used desktop computers.
What Are the Benefits of Windows OS?
There are a few features and notable benefits when it comes to Windows 10 and other versions of Windows. Some of these include:
- Virus protection. It comes complete with McAfee Total Protection, unlike previous versions where this program must be purchased separately.
- Speed and usability. It is streamlined and made easy to use for the end user, with a customization start menu on the screen, as well as other features. Also, the included web browser, now known as Microsoft Edge, is quite an improvement when compared to previous versions.
- Cortana. Similar to smartphones or in-home devices that allow you to speak commands, you can direct the OS to perform commands with your voice.
- Touch screen. It is compatible with touch screen monitors and was intuitively built with this in mind.
What Different Brands Use Windows 10?
There are many different desktop computers that offers Windows 10 as an operating system. Some notable and popular brands include:
There are many other brands that feature Windows 10 PCs. Many laptops also come complete with Windows 10 as an operating system.
What Computer Features Should I Look For?
The OS is only feature to consider when you're purchasing your desktop. You should still factor in many other important attributes, such as:
- CPU and processor speed. Look for an Intel Core processor with a fair amount of GHz so your desktop doesn't struggle to load or switch programs.
- Storage. Hard drive space is important, especially when having a lot of music and movie files to store.
- Connectivity. When planning to connect a few peripherals, you should consider if you have the right ports to do so. Look for USB connectors, as well as HDMI and VGA, if needed.
- RAM. A desktop with an adequate amount of memory will tend to freeze and lag less. Look for a device that offers you at least 8 GB of RAM. Many also offer an expandable slot to add even more memory.
- All-in-ones. These types of devices come complete not only with Windows, but with a mouse, keyboard, and monitor, so you fundamentally can plug your computer and connect instantly right out of the box.